Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions shall govern the relationship between us and you and shall prevail despite the existence of any printed or other conditions even if such conditions purport to take precedence. Please read them carefully.
Hosting UK are proud to provide services that are easy to understand, and we strive for the same level of clarity in the policies that govern our service.
GDPR INFORMATION & DOWNLOADS
- On the 25th May 2018, these regulations will come into force. Our parent company iomart has pulled together the information below to answer all your key questions, and our resource List contains helpful guides and a toolkit to get you GDPR-ready.
- In order to communicate with you and to provide our products and services and related support, it is necessary for Hosting UK to transfer your personal data outside of the European Union. In such case, the data controller for this data for EU residents is Easyspace Ltd trading as Hosting UK, having its registered offices at Hosting UK, Easyspace Ltd, 11-21 Paul St, London EC2A 4JU. All questions or requests regarding the processing of data may be addressed to: email@example.com
- We collect information from you when you place an order for a Hosting UK product use our online chat service register for a webinar, respond to a survey, fill out a form for pre/post sales assistance, open a support ticket, or your use of social media. Hosting UK is a domain registrar and webhosting service provider, we provide platforms for you to use such as email, web hosting and secure ecommerce. To fulfil requests for domain names, digital certificates or other products or services, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card information and/or organisational details or other personal information.
- 2.1 domain name specific data As part of its duties as an domain name registrar, Hosting UK is required to provide certain information about customers who register domain names with Hosting UK to the relevant naming authority. This information will include personal data such as the customer’s name, address and telephone number.
- The relevant naming authority will make such information available to the public through publicly accessible directories of owners of domain names.
- It is a condition of the purchase of a domain name from Hosting UK that the customer agrees to the transfer of his/her personal data to the relevant naming authority and agrees to the naming authority making that personal data available on a public database. Hosting UK can provide its customers with details of the relevant naming authority on request.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred outside of our group company, or given to any other company for any reason without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in below:
- 3.1 To process applications for Hosting UK products and services
Your information is used to provide our products and services and order processing as well as to conduct business transactions such as billing.
- 3.2 To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your pre/post sales requests and provide technical support.
- 3.3 To send renewal notices
The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you renewal notices for your services.
- 3.4 To send periodic emails
In addition, we may send you periodic company newsletters, new service updates, security updates, related product or service information, and status updates on maintenance windows or service availability.
- 3.5 To tell you about our products and services
We may send you information about our products and services that may be of interest to you based on your use of other Hosting UK products and services.
- We will process your data for the purpose of performance of our contract with you or the legitimate interest of our business. In other cases, we will request your consent for the processing of the personal data you may submit. Your refusal to provide personal data to us for certain products and services may hinder us from fulfilling your order for those products or services. Also, if you deny or withdraw your consent to use personal data or opt out of receiving information about Hosting UK products and services this may result in you not being made aware of sales promotions, renewal notices, periodic company newsletters, new service updates, security updates, related product or service information, and status updates on maintenance windows or service availability.
- Our servers automatically record information ("Application Log Data") created by your use of our services. Application Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We use this information to diagnose and improve our services. Except as stated in section 8 (Data Retention), we will either delete the Application Log Data or remove any account identifiers, such as your username, full IP address, or email address, after 12 months.
- We do not sell or trade your personal information to outside parties.
- We may also transfer your personal data to trusted third parties in order to serve purposes that are specified in section 3 above. In circumstances where data is shared with such third parties, they are required to agree to confidentiality terms. This prohibits such third parties from selling, trading, using, marketing or otherwise distributing Hosting UK customer data.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or protect our rights, property, or safety. It is our policy to notify customers of requests for their data from law enforcement unless we are prohibited from doing so by statute or court order. Law enforcement officials who believe that notification would jeopardise an investigation should obtain an appropriate court order or other process that specifically precludes member notification.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who may take over the operation of our website or business or who may purchase any or all of our assets, including your personal information. We will contact you using the details you provide if there is any change in the person controlling your information.
- The personal information we collect is retained for no longer than necessary to fulfil the stated purposes in section 2 above or for a period specifically required by law or regulation that Hosting UK is obligated to follow.
- Personal data used to fulfil verification of certain types of products such as SSL certificates and Domain names, and this data will be retained for a minimum of 10 years depending on the class of product or service and may be retained in either a physical or electronic format.
- Even if you request deletion or erasure of your data, we may retain your personal data to the extent necessary and for so long as necessary for our legitimate business interests or performance of contractual obligations.
- After the retention period is over, Hosting UK securely disposes or anonymises your personal information in order to prevent loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorised access.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future periodic emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- If Hosting UK is processing your personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at one of the addresses shown below.
- You are responsible for providing Hosting UK with true, accurate, current and complete personal information. You are also responsible to maintain and promptly update the information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You have the right to access and modify your personal data stored on Hosting UK systems. You can request to access or modify your personal information by logging into your customer control panel. We may require you to provide identification in order to verify the authenticity as the data subject.
- If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future services.
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted in an encrypted format via Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
- After a transaction, your transaction‐related information will be kept on file to meet audit requirements and facilitate renewals.
- Hosting UK uses a reputable third party to process credit card payments and needs to provide credit card numbers and identifying financial data directly to the third party credit card processor. Such information is shared securely.
- Hosting UK commits itself to protect the personal information submitted by applicants and subscribers for its public certification services. Hosting UK declares to fully respect all rights established and laid out in European laws and operates within the limits of the: European Directive 95/46 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
- you have the following rights established by law:
- You have the right to review your personal data that Hosting UK holds and check it for accuracy.
- You have the right to correct data in the case that errors may be found in our records.
- You have the right to request that any of your personal data be erased. i.e. right to be forgotten.
- You have the right to obtain and reuse use your personal data for your own purposes.
- You have the right to request that Hosting UK restrict the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
TOOLKIT - GDPR READINESS FOR CUSTOMERS
A handy toolkit for you to follow to ensure you are meeting your obligations under GDPR.
AWARENESS - GDPR INFORMATION AND GUIDANCE
A high level overview of GDPR and how it applies to our customers organisations.
INFOGRAPHIC - A QUICK GUIDE TO GDPR COMPLIANCE
A quick infographic guide to what you need to know about the General Data Protection Regulation which will come into force in May 2018.
An all encompassing look at GDPR. Get straight to the source of information and find out the key differences that the new GDPR directive brings.
For a more detailed look at GDPR, check out our white paper.
2. Collection of Personal Information
3. Use of Personal Information
4. Processing of Data and Consent
6. Use of application logs for diagnostics or to gather statistical information
7. Sharing of Information and Transfers of Data
8. Data retention
9. Opting out; withdrawing consent
10. Access to your personal data
11. How we protect your information
12. Follow relevant laws
13. Your rights In compliance with the European Union rules on privacy
15. Contact Us
Data Protection Officer
Paul K Jeffrey
Kelvin Campus West of Scotland Science Park
+44 (0)141 931 6400
16. Our Office Locations
Hosting UK, Unit 24 Ffordd Richard Davies, St Asaph Business Park, St Asaph, Denbighshire, LL17 0LJ, UK
Hosting UK, Easyspace Ltd, 11-21 Paul St, London EC2A 4JU
Further information from Hosting UK
If there is any information you can't find on our web site or that we have not included here please ask by either calling 01745 586070 or submit a queryContact Us Today