Microsoft is rebranding Microsoft Office 365 to Microsoft 365 on April 21st 2020 which will reflect a wider range of product offerings.
Since its launch in 2011 Office 365 has grown immensely and the number of services and subsets now includes not just Office but tools for small business and enterprise to manage their entire IT estate, in fact so much that its pretty much transformed who Microsoft is today and so changing to Microsoft 365 make complete sense.
As part of this rebrand some Office 365 products will be renamed:
- Office 365 Business Essentials will be renamed Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Office 365 Business Premium will be renamed Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business will be renamed Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Business will be renamed Microsoft 365 Apps for business
- Office 365 ProPlus will be renamed Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
The good new for existing customers with Office 365 is that their products, services and apps will stay the same as will their prices, however for those products they have that are affected, they’ll will note the change in the 365 Portal and on Invoices and on our web site.
For more information
For further information, please see the Microsoft release at the link below.