Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions shall govern the relationship between us and you and shall prevail despite the existence of any printed or other conditions even if such conditions purport to take precedence. Please read them carefully.
We believe in telling you exactly what you may be liable to pay. There are no hidden extras and we won't charge you anything you haven't been made aware of. You will always be given the opportunity to cancel a service before you are charged for it.
Free Domain Transfers
For the full conditions regarding domain name transfers please read the information below.
We will not charge for transferring a domain away from Hosting UK - if you register a domain with us, as long as it has been paid for, there is no penalty or fee levied by us whatsoever.
We only charge for inbound domain transfers if:
- The domain transfer is a FULL transfer is a .com .net .biz .org or .info address. A full transfer is where we become the ISP responsible for billing. A charge is levied on us which we must pass on to you, however, it does extend the life of the domain for 1 year. The charge is 10 pounds plus VAT.
- The transfer is only a partial transfer where we are not the billing ISP but you use our DNS servers - see below:
Why do you charge if these conditions are not met and how much do you charge?
We make an annual charge of 10 pounds plus VAT because:
- A partial transfer requires an engineer to add the domain to our DNS
- Our network resources are used in hosting the DNS entry and responding to queries for that domain
- By adding the domain to our DNS and control panel you are entitled to use the free web and e-mail diversion facilities we provide in our control panel.
- If the domain is to be used in conjunction with an existing web site hosted by us and is to be added after the point of site creation an engineer will have to alter the site and mail configuration for your web site. This takes engineer time which has to be recovered and paid for.
We believe this is a fair policy and offers good value for money. While your domain is with us we will do our best to ensure that you are kept aware of when it is due for renewal and issue renewal notices in good time ensuring you retain your domain name.
Money Back Guarantee
By offering a 30 day money back guarantee you are able to try our service out. If, within 30 days of activation you feel that the service is not for you you may cancel and receive a full refund, excluding additions and domain registrations. Read more on this.
When a service is due for renewal you will normally be contacted via e-mail and advised of the renewal. The address we e-mail you on is the e-mail address used to apply for the service you have taken with us originally. Please note that the onus is on you to notify us of any changes of contact details - you can also update these yourself via the control panel - and you should also update your details on the WorldPay system - see below for more details.
If a service is not renewed in time then it will be marked pending deletion. Following a further wait period we will then delete all services not paid for.
Credit and Debit card payments via WorldPay
We use WorldPay to process our credit card payments. You should note the following in relation to this:
When you sign up with us for a hosting account an agreement is made that will automatically debit your card on a monthly or annual basis, depending on the option you choose. A username and password is created for you on their system, which is either e-mailed to you or displayed on the payment confirmation page at signup. With this username and password you can update your credit card details, cancel payments, or alter your e-mail address and contact details - please note, that it is important that you maintain correct details at all times. If a payment fails due to being refused by your bank or due to the credit card expiring then an email notification is sent from WorldPay to the address details they hold for you, hence the importance of maintaining correct information. We will also notify you using the details we hold if your payment cannot be taken explaining what you should do. If a payment fails on more than 3 successive days the agreement becomes suspended - should this happen we will suspend your web site pending contact and subsequent payment by you. If your credit card expires and you do not update the details and a payment is missed we will suspend your web site pending contact or payment by you. For these reasons it is VITAL that you maintain your information correctly on the WorldPay system.
Further information from Hosting UK
If there is any information you can't find on our web site or that we have not included here please ask by either calling 01745 586070 or submit a queryContact Us Today