Cloud VPS Servers
When you need rapid and scalable access to dedicated managed resources VPS servers are the obvious choice.
What is a VPS Server?
And what exactly can you do with it?
A VPS Server performs and behaves just like a stand-alone server. It can be accessed remotely in just the same way, applications can be installed on it, it has it's own IP addresses, memory, processes, files, applications.
It is a truly green solution in today's ever energy hungry world, as many cloud server VPS can exist on a single powerful server reducing energy costs and otherwise underutilized hardware
A VPS Server differs from traditional server becuase it's resources are distributed across storage platforms and hypervisors which provides redundancy, reslience giving the cloud an ability to self heal in the event of a problem. In many ways, then, it's even better than a dedicated server as it's more available and more instant.
- Each VPS performs and executes exactly like a stand-alone server
- It has its own IP addresses, port numbers, tables, filtering and routing rules.
- It has its own configuration files for system and application software.
- It uses its own versions of system libraries or modify existing ones.
- You can add, modify or delete any file, including files in the root.
- You can install your own application software or customize the installation
- It can be clustered with other VPS Servers to provide a redundant and resilient solution
- It can be rapidly backed up or migrated to other hardware nodes
- Dynamic resource management allows real-time changes of key system resources such as CPU, memory, network, disk and I/O.
- It reduces operating system management as patches and updates can be centrally managed by Hosting UK
- It can be restored from backup or re provisioned to it's original state in minutes.
- Cloud servers can be provisioned in seconds
Things you can do with your VPS Server
Just like a dedicated server you can purpose your VPS to do anything you need. It may be a web server, an applications server, a mail server or a combination of all. Of course you'll need to make sure that you select enough CPU, Disk and RAM for the tasks you intend to run on your VPS but you can add more as you need to.
A choice of operating systems
We offer a choice of operating system on either Windows Server or Linux and additionally, if you don't see the operating system you are looking for we may be able to produce a custom build - ask our engineers for more information.
Cloud your way
Choose a VPS from our pre-selected options or build your VPS by choosing the exact resources you need.
For demanding needs and global locations
For customers who need global locations and billing by the hour call our Sales team on 01745 586070 for a no obligation chat about our Dynamic Cloud.
Subject to status you'll get access to an advanced control panel from which you'll be able to to deploy VPS on demand which you can deploy on your choice of locations around the globe. You'll be able to set autoscale options giving you automated scaling to cope with peaks of demand, or scale up or down at the push of a button.
On our Dynamic Cloud platform we you have the flexibility to grow and deploy as your needs dictate so you'll only ever be billed for the bulk resources you use.
- Run a single dedicated high performance web site without the need to purchase an entire server or even multiple web sites
- Become a Virtual ISP with your own dedicated resources on our high performance network. Using Plesk or CPanel on your VPS you are able to offer your customers a fully featured control panel. We can even help you get up and running with an automated billing and provisioning system*
- Run a dedicated mail server as a primary server or even as a dedicated backup server to your existing mail infrastructure.
- Programmers and Developers - run your own dedicated application development environment without incurring the costs of hardware purchase and deployment time. Reuse and re deploy as the need arises. Cut your development and testing time down by hours!
- Run a dedicated database system
- Create a resilient clustered server for high availability solutions
- Use it for your in house IT environment for proof of concept and testing.
- In fact the limit is purely your imagination and your choice of VPS
Further information from Hosting UK
If there is any information you can't find on our web site or that we have not included here please ask by either calling 01745 586070 or submit a queryContact Us Today